Thursday, November 06, 2008

scons on Maemo is old

On Maemo's latest Diablo SDK scons version is from 2004.

script: v0.96.1.D001, 2004/08/23

This breaks some scripts that would work on relatively recent scons installations.

Workaround: Install scons from source inside SDK. It's pure python code, so no architecture issues. But for some reason distutils will try to write to /scratchbox/tools/bin which has no write permissions from inside scratchbox.

So I installed inside my directory using --install-lib option of setup.py. But for scripts it would still try to write to /scratchbox/tools/bin I noticed this happens only for few executables inside scripts subdirectory. So I went outside scratchbox and 'su' copied them to those locations, chmod +x'ed them. Now they could be executed. Yet it reported that the engine was old, so I had to set SCONS_LIB_DIR to the installation in my home directory.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Would you mind opning an enhancment request about this at http://bugs.maemo.org ? Thanks!

Jayesh said...

Sure! Done!
Bug 3849